Winter Weather Procedures
In the event the Touchet School District has school delays or school cancellations due to weather conditions while in the AM/PM Hybrid Learning Model here is what to expect:
How will I know school is delayed/cancelled?
• TSD will send out a Messenger Notice
• TSD App Alert (you can find the Touchet App in the App Store)
• TSD Facebook Page
• TSD Website
• Flash Alert on local news channels
• AM Group will not attend In-Person learning but are encouraged to attend remote learning during the PM sessions. Students need to check Google Classroom for instructions for the class.
• PM Group Students who attend in the PM session will attend school in-person following their regular PM schedule.
• Both AM and PM Students who attend in-person learning will be in remote learning from home. Both AM and PM students will need to check Google Classroom for instructions for the class.
Inclement Weather Procedures for Outdoor Activities
When cold weather is upon us, buildings will access Accuweather© for the area http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/walla-walla-wa/99362/weather-forecast/331420
If either the “real feel” (which takes into account both wind chill and solar heat) or the actual temperature is below 15 degrees, buildings will make accommodations to house students inside for recess and/or pe pursuant to national guidelines (chart below).
The district will also ask that staff carefully monitor students while outside and take necessary steps to ensure students are appropriately clothed/prepared for the cold weather play, watching for signs of frostbite, other cold-related issues, and/or associated medical conditions that may require modifications to certain student situations.
The Touchet School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all requirements of the ADA.